May 27, 2011

The wave

The wave; click for previous post
Previous // Current // Next

Where: Ocean Beach pier, San Diego

When: May 2011

As I said yesterday, this is my favorite of the three ocean photos I've posted this week. This one has more action than the other two, and it shows the power of the Pacific better than the others.

The composition and contrasts worked out better in today's photo, too. The wave edge is clearly the focal point, and while the photo has black blacks and white whites, there are no blinding, blown-out highlights. Unlike yesterday's sunset shot and Wednesday's green foam, this photo works in black and white.

Finally, I like those tendrils of bubbles the wave left as it passed by. Reminds me of the tentacles of a jellyfish.

As always, I'd like to know what you think. Please leave a comment if you're so inclined.

Share on Tumblr Bookmark and Share

Images and text ©2005-2012 Mark A. Dodge Medlin

5/27/2011 12:32:00 PM | 0 comments


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?