October 24, 2007

Xiangqi

xiangqi; click for previous post
Previous // Current // Next

Where: Columbus Park, Chinatown, New York City

When: Oct. 19, 2007

Notes: The game is also called Chinese chess. I didn't hear a word of English at any of the games going on in the park that day. Although Dani and I were obvious outsiders, almost everybody simply ignored us, which was perfect. Every once in a while, one of the men would catch my eye, glance at my camera and then look back at me. I just smiled and nodded in greeting.

Also, as always I had my camera muted. These guys were into that game, and I didn't want to make any distracting noises.

Too big? There's a smaller version at Flickr.

xiangqi; click for previous post

Too small? There's a larger version at Flickr.

Share on Tumblr Bookmark and Share

Images and text ©2005-2012 Mark A. Dodge Medlin

10/24/2007 02:07:00 PM | 0 comments


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?