December 26, 2006

Jesus in the mezquita (1 of 7 today)

jesus in the mezquita; click for previous post
Previous // Current // Next

Where: Córdoba, Spain

When: Sept. 29, 2006

Camera: Canon PowerShot A620

Notes: The mezquita is one of the most bizarre places I've ever seen. Construction of this magnificent mosque started in 857, when the Moors ruled Spain. After the Christians retook Córdoba, the mezquita suffered the indignity of having a huge Catholic cathedral plopped right in its center. Here's an example of the building's split personality: the iconic striped Moorish arches surrounding Jesus on the cross.

See more at JPG magazine: I've submitted several Spain photos to JPG magazine.

------------

Taking up the pen: I took part in DrawMo, a community blog whose members agreed to make one drawing a day in November and post it if they wish. My drawings are here. The group's Flickr page is here.

It's not really ugly anymore, but ... Dani and I have done a lot of work on our new house in San Diego. It looks pretty good now, but when we bought it, the place wasn't all that attractive, which I prove in my other blog, The Ugly House.

Share on Tumblr Bookmark and Share

Images and text ©2005-2012 Mark A. Dodge Medlin

12/26/2006 11:40:00 PM | 0 comments


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?