December 30, 2011

Ship on the Columbia

Ship on the Columbia; click for previous post
Previous // Current // Next

What: The cargo vessel Hao Ying

Where: Columbia River, Astoria, Oregon

When: December 2011

The Columbia River is my favorite body of water. The Pacific Ocean, about 20 minutes from my house in San Diego, is fantastic, but I like the Columbia for the shipping traffic. And you can see the other side, which makes it more interesting photographically.

I do not miss Astoria's winter weather, of which I got a reminder over my Christmas break, when I went back to visit my sons and their kids. Forty-one degrees and rain. No thanks. But having that river nearby would make up for the chill.

Share on Tumblr Bookmark and Share

Images and text ©2005-2012 Mark A. Dodge Medlin

12/30/2011 12:18:00 PM | 0 comments


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?