August 9, 2011

Work in progress

Work in progress; click for previous post
Previous // Current // Next

Where: Ocean Beach pier, San Diego

When: August 2011

After I shot this photo, Tiffany, my stepdaughter, said, "You're gonna get your ass kicked doing that one of these days." I just laughed and said, "I don't think so." And then I thought, "No, Eric Kim is gonna get *his* ass kicked doing what he's doing." (His blog post about the video is here.)

I almost posted this one in black and white. The lines on the guy's back stood out better, and I could get more contrast in values between his skin and the water than I could in color.

But then I decided that his tanned skin was an essential part of the story. And the line "Life is in color" kept echoing in my head. So here he is, in living color.

Share on Tumblr Bookmark and Share

Images and text ©2005-2012 Mark A. Dodge Medlin

8/09/2011 02:02:00 PM | 1 comments


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?