September 3, 2009

The fly

The fly; click for previous post
Previous // Current // Next

Where: My front yard

When: Sept. 2, 2009

Why: Because I have a new camera, a Nikon D5000 that my lovely wife gave me for my birthday. I took a few dozen test shots yesterday, and man, is it nice. It's my first digital SLR, so it's like a whole new world.

This photo is 800 actual pixels from a much larger picture that I was using as a depth-of-field test. I hadn't planned to post any of those first shots; most of them are worthless. But this one surprised me. Until I saw it on my computer screen, I had no idea that fly was there. Still, I'll take it.

Share on Tumblr Bookmark and Share

Images and text ©2005-2012 Mark A. Dodge Medlin

9/03/2009 12:24:00 PM | 0 comments


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?