June 12, 2007

Old Fort William

old fort william; click for previous post
Previous // Current // Next

Where: A re-created fur-trading post near Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. It's now known as Fort William Historical Park.

When: July 1995

Notes: The wonders of the Internet are wonderful indeed. This photo originally appeared on my old Web site, which has been dormant for years. I'd mostly forgotten about it.

Then a couple of months ago, out of the blue, I got an e-mail from a woman at an Australian publishing company. They were interested in using my photo in a chemistry textbook to illustrate some of the properties of glass.

I figure somebody there did a Google search for "wavy glass" and that led them to me. A few e-mails later, they had my photo, and I had some of their money and the satisfaction that comes from knowing that anyone who turns to the correct page in "Queensland Chemistry" will see a wavy glass window at Old Fort William, courtesy of yours truly.

Too big? There's a smaller version at flickr.

Share on Tumblr Bookmark and Share

Images and text ©2005-2012 Mark A. Dodge Medlin

6/12/2007 01:18:00 PM | 0 comments


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?